Webinar: How to support people with cognitive impairments in the criminal justice system
Tuesday 25 August 2020 at 12.30 pm AEST
Our presenter is Clinical Neuropsychologist Dr Laura Anderson.
Check back here soon and subscribe to our e news so you will get all the details about the next monthly webinar.
Webinar: Community Based Initiatives for Reintegrating those who have Sexually Offended
Co-hosted by our network in conjuction with the Reintegration Puzzle Conference and QUT, this interactive webinar will present recent research on two innovative community-based programs designed to reintegrate people who have sexually offended, into the community after prison.
Time and date: July 28, 2020 12:30 PM AEST
In April, May and June 2019, we held ‘conversation’-style world cafe events in Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne and Geelong.
In these meetings, we asking participants to discuss two questions and to be as creative as possible without a consideration of cost:
- How could prison function differently to prepare people for successful release?
- What conditions are needed within communities to effectively support people post-release?
The idea was to conduct a collective ‘re-imagining’ of an inside and outside experience that would facilitate outcomes that are in the best interests of people with lived experience of prison from their point of view and a community point of view.
- Considered alternatives to prison that are suitable for most people in prison
- Explored how could prison function differently to prepare people for successful release and the conditions that are needed on the ground within community to effectively support people post release
- Allowed everyone to learn from each other’s experience and perspective
- Contributed to the draft platform for our solution-based reform which was presented for discussion at the annual Reintegration Puzzle Conference on 26 June 2019 in Darwin.
Photo gallery of events
Website design and all photos: Michelle McDonnell