Webinar: Community Based Initiatives for Reintegrating those who have Sexually Offended
Co-hosted by our network in conjuction with the Reintegration Puzzle Conference and QUT, this interactive webinar will present recent research on two innovative community-based programs designed to reintegrate people who have sexually offended, into the community after prison.
Time and date: July 28, 2020 12:30 PM AEST
Check back here soon and subscribe to our e news so you will get all the details about the next webinar we are planning for November 2020.
In April, May and June 2019, we held ‘conversation’-style world cafe events in Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne and Geelong.
In these meetings, we asking participants to discuss two questions and to be as creative as possible without a consideration of cost:
- How could prison function differently to prepare people for successful release?
- What conditions are needed within communities to effectively support people post-release?
The idea was to conduct a collective ‘re-imagining’ of an inside and outside experience that would facilitate outcomes that are in the best interests of people with lived experience of prison from their point of view and a community point of view.
- Considered alternatives to prison that are suitable for most people in prison
- Explored how could prison function differently to prepare people for successful release and the conditions that are needed on the ground within community to effectively support people post release
- Allowed everyone to learn from each other’s experience and perspective
- Contributed to the draft platform for our solution-based reform which was presented for discussion at the annual Reintegration Puzzle Conference on 26 June 2019 in Darwin.
Photo gallery of events
Website design and all photos: Michelle McDonnell